- Are you fully licensed and fully insured?
Yes, we are fully insured with $5,000,000 liability. Wesley holds both a Master Electrician and Contractor’s license. Electricians employed with Midland are all fully licensed.
- Do you perform the work yourself?
Midland has a very skilled and knowledgeable electrical team who will perform all work on your job site. However, Wesley is always present for an initial walk-through of your job, with the customer and electricians. He is readily available and makes frequent site visits throughout the job.
- I have a pretty good idea of what needs to be done and have seen a friend change a plug and switch before. Should I do the work myself?
No. Electricity is complicated and many things can be completed incorrectly without a full understanding and education in the trade. Please visit www.esasafe.com and ALWAYS hire a skilled electrical contractor for your electrical needs.
- Will I need a permit?
Yes. A permit is required for all electrical work. Midland Electric will take out the permit and include it on your invoice. All electrical work requires an ESA inspection certificate upon completion.
- Does Midland Electric do lighting retro-fits?
Yes, we do. We can also suggest new fixtures to upgrade and maximize your electrical efficiency.
- Does Midland Electric supply and install LED lighting?
Yes, we supply and install all styles of LED lighting and LED Pot Lighting, depending on your needs and requirements.
- Do you service stand by generators?
No, we only supply and install Standby Generators, we do not service them; however, the distributors that we purchase from do offer service contracts to our customers. It is important to purchase from a reputable distributor so that it can be serviced when required.
- Is it code to have a switch at the hot tub I am having installed?
Yes. The code requires that either a disconnecting device be located within sight, and within 9m (30’) of the pump motor and controller; or that the circuit contain a lockable disconnecting device.